As aspects of daily living become increasingly more difficult for a senior as they age, these struggles can also be felt by their loved ones as they care for them. While the decision to move an elderly loved one into an Assisted Living facility or personal care home, it can also be the start of a very positive experience, as these communities offer many benefits. These benefits can provide relief and assistance that help both the senior and their loved ones.
1. Access to 24/7 care, whenever needed – Assisted Living facilities and personal care homes have trained and certified staff that work around the clock. Seniors have access to assistance with medication management, dressing, daily meals, housekeeping, eating, washing, toileting and more at any time during the day.
2. Safety and security – safety of the seniors is a top priority at Assisted Living facilities and personal care homes, as this is often a time when their physical health is deteriorating, or beginning to deteriorate. Assisted Living facilities and personal care homes are designed to aid seniors in avoiding falls or injuries by incorporating wheelchair ramps, hand railing throughout, walk-in showers, grab bars, and more. Seniors also have the option to wear emergency call buttons, to immediately notify care staff in case of a fall or other health issue.
3. Daily activities and stimulating socialization – an incredible benefit for seniors who reside in Assisted Living facilities or personal care homes is the access to daily activities. There are activities for everyone to enjoy, such as arts and crafts, bingo and card tournaments, holiday and birthday parties, music classes and sing-a-longs, as well as occasional trips to offsite locations such as restaurant, shops, local parks and historical sites. All of these activities are done in a group setting, to encourage socialization in order to keep the residents stimulated and engaged during their time in the community.
4. Nutritious meals and daily exercise classes – Assisted Living facilities and personal care homes provide their residents with three nutritional, home-cooked meals daily, as well as snacks at any time. These meals are prepared with the seniors’ dietary needs in mind. Daily exercise programs are also provided to all residents. These exercise classes are safe, supervised and offer a fun and exciting way to encourage the health of seniors.
5. Reduced stress, for both seniors and their loved ones – Assisted Living and the care they provide can drastically diminish stress levels for a senior and greatly improve their quality of life. The understanding that they are residing in a place that is designed for their safety, with staff that is dedicated 24/7 to making their lives easier can be extremely calming. Likewise, this knowledge can also reduce the stress of the seniors’ loved ones, who may have previously been their caregivers. Assisted Living facilities and personal care homes can provide peace of mind for the loved one of an aging senior, that they are in a loving, safe, and caring environment.
Mulberry Grove Senior Living located in Statham, Georgia provides a welcoming community for residents who need assistance with daily activities, medication management and personal care. Mulberry Grove is an all-inclusive, private pay senior living community serving Statham, Winder, Athens, Dacula, Braselton, Watkinsville, Atlanta, Barrow County and beyond. To discuss senior living options please email LikeHome@MulberryGroveGA.com or call 770-725-6978.